Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sleepless Nights

And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. Luke 11:1

I've never been a morning person. Matter of fact, I can count on one hand how many times I have seen the sun rise this year. However, tonight might make it a little bit different. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to fall asleep.

If this was the first time I couldn't sleep, I'm sure I would just chalk it up to some excuse and move on with my night. Yet, this seems to happen more and more when I have a lot on my mind. Either I am excited about something or worried about a problem. It doesn't matter if I feel stressed or alone. If scenes keep playing out in my head, chances are I won't see the credits anytime soon.

Times like these call for drastic measures and I have tried them all. Running around the house, doing exercises, reading E-mails, watching TV, even singing to my ferrets. Which seems to put them to sleep and does nothing for my insomnia. Only one thing seems to do the trick: prayer.

Big or small, epic or crazy, God cares about what is on your mind. He loves to hear from you and He can bring a peace and comfort. Next time you lay awake at night or even if something is bothering you during the day, do not hesitate to send a prayer on up. Talk to God about what is in your head and share with Him your struggles or situations. Jesus came to earth to bridge a gap and to give us the opportunity to have communication with our Creator at all times. Day or night, hot or cold, God wants to be in on your night, your life, your trials, your triumphs. What else are you going to do? Watch another infomercial?

(www.tddm.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment