Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do You Feel Empty?

Do you feel empty?

Many people in our society suffer from emptiness. Most people look for happiness, which is short term. Happiness is a counterfeit high that quickly goes away. They hope the next superficial satisfaction will be the one that lasts. But it doesn't. External happiness is like cotton candy: It's sweet for a moment and dissolves an instant later.
The peak of emotion is happiness, the valley is sadness and depression. Many feel dissatisfied with things in life. When we are down we look to things to bring us up.

We look to make more money, to have bigger and better things, we want to look better, to be more popular, have more power and find love for our happiness. Rushes of happiness are short lived. When we rely on outside things to make us content, we will be disappointed.

What we all really want is deep down soul-satisfying contentment that lasts a lifetime.

Philippians 4:12 says, "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." The beginning is "I have learned." Contentment is something learned, it doesn't just happen.

To find true contentment:

1. Seek the source If contentment doesn't come from inside of you then it won't last. To have true inner harmony, you must get yourself right in a relationship with God. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength," Tap into the source, Jesus Christ. Ask Him in prayer to dwell in your heart.

Say this prayer: Lord I ask for the true source of contentment to come into my life, I ask for Jesus to live in my heart and for me to develop a true intimate relationship with you Lord. Amen

2. Accept God's unconditional love. Understand and know that you are loved deeply by God. This is not a temporary condition, it is forever. He truly loves you and has a place in Heaven for you for all eternity. Understand your worth to Him, you are his child. Go to Him in prayer and ask to feel His awesome love. Ask for His forgiveness for your sins and be free to feel His love.

Say this prayer: Lord, I ask you to show me your unconditional love, I ask you to please forgive me for my sins, I ask you to help me turn from my ways and be worthy of your love. Amen

3. Be grateful. Gratitude is the heart of contentment. Appreciate what you have rather than wanting what you don't have. When gratitude dominates your thoughts and feelings, you will be deeply satisfied. Thank God for all he does for you.
Say this prayer: Lord I thank you for who you are and for giving your life to save me from my sins, give me a grateful heart. Fill me with your love and give me a loving content heart, knowing that all I need to do is come to you for true contentment, never having to feel empty again. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN

Contentment has everything to do what is inside of you. True peace and happiness comes from within you. The source is Jesus Christ, accept His love and forgiveness and be grateful. Go to Him now in prayer and ask for this contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment